You have weak nails that break easily and don’t grow back. Weak nails also have other signs like discoloration and yellowing. To know how to make your nails stronger, you have to make your nails healthy. Nails are made of multiple laminated layers of a kind of protein called keratin. Healthy nails are smooth, uniform in color and consistency, without spots or staining.
Your nails grow weak and unhealthy nails because of improper care. They get dry and brittle. Too much exposure to chemicals like nail polish and detergents are the reasons behind weak, thus broken nails.
Here are Some Ways on How to Make Your Nails Stronger-
1. Olive Oil:
Olive oil is an outstanding way to make your nails stronger. It helps moisturize nails. It helps repair the damage as well, softening nail and its cuticle.
- Mix 3 teaspoons of lukewarm olive oil with a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Apply it to your nails with a cotton swab.
- Let it dry.
- Put a clean, cotton cloth on your hand and wrap it securely.
- Do this everyday on bedtime and leave overnight.
2. Green Tea:
Green tea makes your nails healthy and strong. The antioxidants in it tea help avoid brittle nails and makes them strong. It also helps in getting rid of yellow discoloration.
- Make a small cup of green tea and let it cool.
- Soak all your nails into it for 15 minutes.
- Do this twice a week.
Massage a mixture of a few drops of coconut oil or aloe vera with green tea extract on the nails once a week.
3. Tea Tree Oil:
Tea tree oil is a versatile element which can strengthen your damaged nails. It has antiseptic property that helps treat and prevent fungal infections. These cause weak and brittle nail.
- Put a couple drops of tea tree oil into a small bowl full of warm water.
- Soak the nails in for 3 to 5 minutes
- Do it a few times every week.
How to Make Your Nails Stronger: There is another procedure-
- Make a solution with half a teaspoon of jojoba oil or vitamin E or jojoba oil with 5 drops of tea tree oil.
- Put it on your nails and then massage gently. Let it dry.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Do it once a week.
Flaxseeds can make your nails stronger too. These have micronutrients such as B vitamins, potassium, magnesium, lecithin, protein and zinc. All these are necessary for healthy nails. They also have omega-3 fatty acids, also needed.
Just apply some flaxseed oil on the nails and massage for a few minutes. That would do.
You should include flaxseed in your diet.
5. Vitamin E Oil:
Vitamin E oil has moisturizing property that helps to keep your nails healthy and hydrated.
- Open a vitamin E capsule and extract its oil.
- Rub the oil all over the nails and then massage for 2-3 minutes.
- Do it daily for a few weeks.
For more benefits, take vitamin E capsules, but after you consult your doctor.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar:
This one has a variety of nutrients- potassium, magnesium, iron and calcium, which promote nail health. Along with that, its acidic nature prevents and treats nail fungus. All these are effective to make your nails stronger.
- Mix up equal amount of water and raw apple cider vinegar in a bowl.
- Dip your nails in it for 10 minutes
- Do this once every day for a few weeks.
How to Make Your Nails Stronger: Extra Tips For You
- Have patience since you can’t prevent of brittle and weak nails in one day. Give some time to your nails to heal themselves.
- Put more healthy foods in your diet.
- Refrain from putting too many fake nails and nail polish.
- Limit nails exposure to chemicals.
- Stay away from too much exposure to water. It softens your nails; that is why they break easily.
- While working, wear cotton gloves to protect nails.
- The shorter you keep your nails, the stronger they will be. But, don’t cut the cuticles.
- Avoid picking on hard surfaces.
- Stop biting your nails.
- Go for manicure and pedicure at least once every month.
If you follow these instructions carefully, your nails will remain healthy and strong with perfect color.