Feeling too hot? We mean, is your body temperature above average? Our normal body temperature is around 98.6 degrees. Obviously, it varies from person to person and from one type of weather pattern to another. It occurs basically from exposure to high temperatures. Though you feel hot being hot, body heat can cause many problems in your body. A sudden rise in your body temperature allows you to make good excuses and gain sympathy from friends and families. Though it’s not a good situation to be in, we often fall into it. Your body cannot make itself cool, no, not even by wearing cool clothes. It is commonly known as Heat Exhaustion, which could result in Heat Stroke. It is also known as Heat Stress. Well, it’s not essentially a disease. However, some common heat problems that stem from this are pimples, rashes, nausea and dizziness. Sounds really bad, doesn’t it? If you’re reading this article, it means you want to know how to reduce body heat as soon as possible. There are many natural ingredients that you can use to reduce your unwanted body heat problem. Obviously, these natural ingredients work better.
Factors Which Increase the Body Heat
Normal body temperature stays around 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit in normal environmental conditions. During body heat, temperature can rise due to the following reasons-
- Environment: Extreme environmental conditions like hot, humid climate make it difficult for our body to drive away heat. In cold climates, body produces core heat to keep itself warm, making body temperature drop.
- Exercise: Physical activities like working out can cause body heat.
- Disease: Conditions like hypertension and anxiety causes body heat.
- Blood Sugar: Blood sugar levels make body temperature go up and cause body heat.
- Neurological disorders could cause body heat even while sleeping.
- Time: Body temperature usually runs lowest during the morning, increasing gradually throughout the day. It is typically highest in the afternoon and starts to decrease through the evening.
Symptoms of Body Heat
So, how to avoid this excessive body heat? Let us assure you, the process is easy and effective. Let’s see-
How to Reduce Body Heat: 20 Best Home Remedies and Tips for All
First, fifteen are for immediate reduction and the next five remedies are for a longer period of coolness.
1. Get Cool By Drinking Cold Water
Just drink pure natural drinking water as much as you can. It helps to reduce excessive body heat quickly and effectively.
Whenever you feel excessive or a bit unusual heat in your body, just get one big glass of cool water and keep your body heat down. If the water is not cool enough to tone you down, use some Ice cubes. Make it cold and you’ll be cool soon.
Not only drinking water but also the repeated cold water splashes onto your hands and face can also provide you instant relief from scorching rays from the sunlight during summer days.
2. Cool and Fresh Watermelon
Watermelon is the fruit that contains almost 91% of water. Eating watermelon or drinking cool watermelon juice is a great way to reduce body heat during the summer.
It helps remove toxins from the body which add to body heat. Having watermelon regularly during summer will keep you hydrated. Mix cubes of watermelon to muskmelon and cucumber. Then sprinkle a bit of balsamic vinegar and olive oil on it.
The familiar sweet dessert watermelon contains lycopene which is cancer-fighting antioxidant found in the majority of red fruits and veggies.
How to Make Watermelon Juice:
- Chop the watermelonRemove the seeds ( Except white seeds )
- Remove the seeds ( Except white seeds )Add the ingredients (5 ice cubes, 1/4 cup sugar, juice of one lime, and
- Add the ingredients (5 ice cubes, 1/4 cup sugar, juice of one lime, and pinch of salt) to a blender jar.
- Blend well till smooth.
3. Amla or Amla Juice
Amla also known as Indian gooseberry. It is a powerhouse of antibacterial properties and Vitamin C. It plays an important role to reduce your body heat within a short time.
- Add Six tablespoon of amla juice in warm water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sugar or salt to increase the taste of the juice.
- Try to drink this juice twice a day to improve your condition.
There is another option available to make the juice of amla in a different way-
- Add four tablespoon of amla juice in warm water.
- Then add two tablespoons of lemon juice or raw honey in it.
- Let it cool and drink it.
4. Coconut Water: A Cool Remedy
Another fast and efficient remedy to reduce body heat is drinking coconut water. When your temperature increases, you should drink one glass of coconut water daily. It will keep you cool and away from other heat diseases along with high body temperature. It’s natural and safe.
5. Sandalwood to Cool Down
To reduce excessive heat from your body, use sandalwood. It’s an organic, heavy, yellow and fine-grained spice like wood. You’ll find it in your own kitchen. Go get some powder of sandalwood and mix it up with cool water. Drink it up, and feel the organic coolness in your body.
It can also be used another way. Get some sandalwood oil. Yes, it comes in the form of oil as well. Get some, apply the oil on your forehead and keep it for a few hours.
You can also apply the oil on your chest, armpit and back after taking a bath to maintain a fine temperature in your body.
6. Drink Sugarcane Juice
Sugarcane has electrolytes and natural glucose. It cools down the body during harsh summers. It fights dehydration efficiently too. Sugarcane is perfect for replenishing lost electrolytes and water. Drinking one to two glasses of plain, naturally sweet sugarcane juice is enough for you every day.
7. Cold Coffee
If you are looking for the ideal drinks and foods that could help you retain the normal level of your body temperature within hot weather days then, a perfect mixture of cold milk, sugar and coffee powder would do you a favor.
Drink cold coffee on a hot summer day considered as best home remedies to reduce body heat because it contains Coffee Powder, milk, Sugar, scoop of chocolate or any ice-cream, ice cubes which are very effective to keep the body cool in low temperature.
9. Vegetables, Green Leaves and Fruits
Fruits and vegetables high in Vitamin C, such as orange and sweet lemon reduce body heat. These have citrus in it and they are excellent food if you want to lessen body heat. Consuming vitamin C enriched fruits and vegetables during the hot summer days can remove your problem.
Drink one glass of fresh pomegranate juice every morning. Regular drinking of lemon juice keeps your body cool and prevent body heat. Amla or Indian gooseberry cools down body temperature. Cucumber, mint, radish, coconut water, banana, peaches, apricot – all these will help you stay away from body heat.
A really good homemade remedy would be Lemonade water. Drink at least a glass of lemonade water every day. It doesn’t only keep you cool; it also regains the minerals that are lost from your body every day with sweat.
As lemon is highly rich in vitamin C, it doesn’t only prevent body heat; it increases oxygen supply in the body as well. It’s a refreshing drink to drink in hot summer days.
10. Butter Milk To Make You Feel Better
Butter milk is famous for reducing body heat. It also gives an aid to digestion system and prevents bloating. Avoid puffing cigarettes and drinking alcohol when you feel a bit unusual body temperature. Drinking a glass of butter milk will make you feel better. Try to have one glass after every meal.
To reduce your body heat, apricot is very effective. To control the temperature of your body, take a glass of apricot juice and add honey with it. As we all know that apricot is available in a solid form, that’s why you have to extract juice out of it. After extracting the juice from apricot, you can drink this juice easily.
12. Cool Bael Fruit Juice
Another great remedy is bael fruit juice. Cool bael juice helps remove toxins from the body. This will help you beat the body heat during a hot summer day. Drink 2 glasses of cool bael fruit juice daily and feel really relaxed on a hot summer day. Also, having this juice regularly during summer will keep you hydrated and cool.
Peppermint has soothing and cooling properties which will help you to reduce body heat. Besides this, it also prevents headaches and relieves nausea as well. To reduce body heat instantly, you should use peppermint as following options.
- Add a handful of peppermint leave in hot water and boil for 20 minutes longer.
- Strain the leaves.
- Use that water at your bath tub to get a soothing feeling.
14. Avoid Spicy Foods
To reduce your body heat, you should avoid spicy foods. Eat those foods which will help you to improve your digestive system and keep your body hydrated. Try to include these foods in your diet chart like- leafy vegetables, cucumber, buttermilk, coconut water, watermelon and so on.
15. Body Massage with Olive Oil
We all know the amazing benefits of olive oil. It also plays an important role to reduce body heat. So to reduce your body heat, you can massage your body with olive oil. Before taking the shower, apply olive oil in your body and gently massage all over your body. Surely, you will get benefited by applying this solution.
Try these in the hot days and you will have a healthy and cool time.
How to Reduce Body Heat: 5 Do it Yourself (DIY) Tips
Now, it’s time for five longer period Remedies to Reduce Body Heat throughout the year and especially in hot summer days:
- Mint juice: Very effective to reduce body heat in hot summer days and throughout the year.
- Cucumber: Eat cucumber as much as possible.
- Aloe Vera juice: Make a juice out of Aloe Vera. Use 2 spoons of Aloe Vera gel, add a little salt and water. Drink it and feel refreshed from inside. It can taste utterly gross, yes, but think of it as medicine. Nausea will pass.
- Bath regularly: A regular shower can easily reduce body heat. Take a bath whenever you feel excessively hot, except from having fever.
- Avoid tight clothing: Not only during summer but also throughout the year, wear loose and comfortable cloth to save your body from getting hot.
These remedies and DIY tips are very useful to reduce body heat and you can use these in your home at any time. It’s very simple and easy; to stay healthy and cool, drink as much water as possible. Drink organic juices, take regular care of yourself.