Without a doubt, the face is positively the most important body part. It is also the one that people will notice. Just pampering your skin externally is never enough. You need high cheekbones and a chiseled jaw since these are the current trends. So, you need an outlined face to give it some sharp edge. For that, you need to know how to lose weight in your face to make it look better.
Facial exercise routines are just as important as physical ones that aid in weight reducing and toning up the contour of your entire body.
Be honest and fair. Haven’t you ever asked yourself, “How can I lose weight from my face and get a slimmer one, just like a model?” Probably, yes.
So, how have they done it? Is there some magic pill or dark secret behind it all?
No. Those people have achieved this by doing appropriate facial exercises along with a vigorous diet plan. Furthermore, we are going to give you some simple tips to obtain your precise face cut by performing easy exercises.
How to Lose Weight in Your Face: 10 Facial Exercises and Tips to Get You Started
Facial exercises are very beneficial to lose weight from your face as well as toning the shape of your body. These exercises play an important role in getting a beautiful face. So, here are some important facial exercises for you.
1. Chin Lifts Exercise
This is a great exercise to lose weight from your face. The chin-lifting exercise is a good way to shed a double chin. It helps in working up and stretching out most of the muscles that include the jaw, neck and throat. Do not use facial muscles other than the lips when you do this exercise. You could perform the exercise either in a standing or sitting position. Here is the procedure step by step:
- Start by tilting your head to the ceiling, keeping your sight fixed towards it.
- Tighten your lips, as if you are trying to kiss the ceiling.
- Keep your head that way for about 10 seconds and then relax.
- Try to repeat this 20-25 times at a stretch; surely you will get good results.
2. Fish Face Exercise
Fish face exercise is also known as “Smiling Fish Face.” The fish face routine is easy and one of the top facial exercises for the cheeks that you can do anywhere you want–watching T.V or playing your favorite song. It helps to tone and spread the cheek muscles so that you lose face fat fast. Just follow these steps for this exercise:
- Suck both of your cheeks in like you are smiling.
- Keep your face that way for 5 seconds or until you feel the burning in your jaw and cheeks.
- Let the cheeks go, relaxing your muscles very slowly.
- Do it twice a day.
- To get good results, you have to repeat it 15-20 times at a stretch.
3. Lip Pull Exercise
The lip pull is one of the most efficient facial yoga routines. It helps in lifting face muscles and takes away years of aging from your face, giving you a more youthful look with a prominent jawline along with high cheekbones. Follow these steps one by one:
- Begin the exercise in a standing or sitting position with your head in a normal position.
- Now, lift up the lower lip up as high as possible by pushing your lower jaw out.
- You can feel the strain build into your jawline and chin muscles.
- Keep it this way for 15 seconds and let go.
- Do this twice every day, in the morning and evening.
- To get good results, you have to repeat the lip pull exercise 15-20 times at a stretch.
4. Jaw Release Exercise
This jaw-releasing exercise is great for losing weight from your face, get high cheekbones and a better jawline. It is positively one of the most efficient facial exercises for reducing a double chin. It aids in stretching and working the muscles around the lips, cheeks and jaws. For best results, follow these steps one after the other like a routine:
- Start with standing or sitting in a direct posture and move your jaw like you are chewing gum.
- Do this motion while keeping the lips closed.
- Breathe in deep and breathe out as you hum.
- Then, open your mouth with your tongue pressing into the bottom teeth.
- Hold it for 5 seconds and then breathe in and out once again.
- Repeat a few times.
- For best results, do this twice every day.
5. Blowing Air Exercise
This exercise helps in losing a lot of weight from your face by working nearly all facial and neck muscles. It is effective for reducing a double chin and getting rid of chubby cheeks. Step by step, go through the following procedure:
- Sit with your spine totally straight.
- Tip the head back as far as possible to ensure that you face upward.
- Pull up your lips and blow air from the mouth.
- Repeat 15 to 20 times and then relax.
- Do this twice every day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon.
[ Also Read: 8 Healthy Ways to Lose Weight ]
6. Get a Facial Massage
Some facial massages and packs can make your face look less slim over time. You need to have this massage regularly. Natural organic clay masks will help pull your skin to stop it from sagging away. As people get older, the skin starts to lose its elasticity, and, therefore, the skin begins to droop. Making a natural clay mask twice a week in order to tone up the skin will make the face look thinner and lose fat from the face gradually.
7. Mouthwash Move
This is a very simple exercise and will help you to lose weight from your face. This exercise helps you to reduce a double chin and also provides you with strong check muscles. Do this exercise exactly as we describe in the following steps:
- Start the routine by sitting in a comfortable position.
- Now, cover your cheeks with air.
- Then pass the air from one cheek to another, just like you would do with mouthwash.
- You have to do this exercise for 1 minute, several times a day.
- To get good results, repeat this exercise 5 to 10 times at a stretch.
(Just a little warning: Do not attempt any of these in public places if you still want to have some friends left.)
8. Healthy Eating
You need to eat healthily to keep the weight on your face in control. Restrict the quantity of calories you consume to those necessary for a person of your age, height and gender. Calorie tables are readily available from authorities responsible for the nutrition information in your region. Or, ask the doctor for advice suitable for you. Consuming a wholesome diet is important if you wish to lose weight in your body as well as your face. The right food will help you lose weight. It will also keep you healthy and energized. Also, you have to eat meals at the right time because this has an important role in the digestion of food. Include fiber-rich fresh fruits and vegetables that have calcium in your daily diet.
Avoid eating junk foods like burgers, fries, etc. since they are very rich in fat. In addition, stop consuming salty and sugary foods and refrain from taking caffeine. Snacking between meals is quite a healthy habit, but only when you eat nutritious snacks. Instead of eating cookies, popcorn and cakes, have little portions of vegetables and fruits.
The constant chewing of bubblegum will use the muscles in your face. If you like chewing gum, this will not be hard to do. Always chew on sugar-free gum so that you don’t add more sugar to the diet than needed.
9. Keep Yourself Hydrated
If you drink enough water, it is going to help you to wash out the excess sodium which may be creating the puffiness in your face and cheeks. Sufficient water will help to flush all the toxins out from the body as well. These toxins most often contribute to an unhealthy paleness. Remember, you have to drink 8 glasses of water every day. If you can drink more than that, that’s a plus point.
10. Stay on Guard
- A slumping posture may cause your face to look fatter, forcing a double chin. Any fat you have will just shift to a more comfortable place. If your posture pushes the chin downwards, it may fatten the face.
- Sit and stand up straighter, aligning your spine correctly. You can ask for help from physiotherapists or doctors if you are not sure how you ought to be sitting or standing to ensure a good posture.
- Breathe in deeply. It’s harder to slump if you breathe like that since you have to straighten up to breathe in air.
- Remember to push your shoulders back, incline your head and put your chin up, looking people in the eye.
- Ask a physiotherapist for details on posture-improving exercises or check online sites. Yoga, Pilates and similar exercises help as well.
How to Lose Weight from Your Face: Some Important Things to Know
- From all food and beverage combined, you should consume at least 125 ounces (3.7 liters) of water a day. If you are in a facial weight loss program, then you should never drink beverage in that time. You should start eating more fruits and vegetables that contain lots of water.
- Start chewing sugar-free gum because it is really a good way to exercise your facial muscles cheeks.
- Try to avoid taking over the counter medication (OTC) as it creates water retention problems in your body.
- Eat healthy and fewer calories as rigorously as possible for losing weight from your face.
- Keep patient and always keep in mind that losing your facial weight will take time.
You Might Have Some Questions (FAQ)
1. I am 20 years old and the left side of my face is fatter than the right one. How can I overcome this?
Eating a healthy balanced diet, drinking adequate water and following our all tips will keep on surprising you. We assure you that this problem will definitely be solved.
2. Can I use a face thin tool (Medical device) for losing facial weight?
Of course, you may use a face thin tool which really helps you to reduce your extra fat on your face.
3. I am happy with my body shape, but my face is getting round. I just hate it. Now, I want to get rid of my round face. Is there any good way?
If you are under 12, then we suggest that you wait a few years. Your round face at that age is probably baby fat. But if you are older, then start with our above tips to get rid of your unwanted round face.
This list of exercises is really enough to lose weight from your face. If you can do these exercises properly, you will be able to lose weight in your face successfully in less than six weeks, and you will look more beautiful. If you face an acute problem like your face is very bulky, fluffy and ugly to look at, you should consult with a doctor immediately and take medicine regularly and properly.