White spots are also known as vitiligo which is mainly considered as a serious skin disorder. In summer and spring, this problem will get worse. It can appear at any time and any age. There are no serious prescribed medicines for this skin disorder. The good news is that you don’t need to spend a lot of cash to get rid of white sunspots on your face; you can use herbal remedies which are available around you. There are many home remedies to cure this skin problem and make your skin more glossy and beautiful. Here are some suggestions for some of the most important remedies that will help you to get rid of this problem.
Top 12 Remedies to Get Rid of White Sunspots On Face
1. Apple Cider Vinegar and Juice Treatment
This is an effective remedy to get rid of white sunspots on your face. To cure this problem, you need to apply apple cider vinegar on the affected area for 20-25 minutes. This remedy will help to reduce the paleness of the sunspot and make the skin glossy. For better results, add apple cider vinegar with onion juice and apply on the affected area. You will surely get good results.
- Chop onion and leave it for a couple of minutes to release the juice.
- Measure how much onion juice you have and put it into a bowl.
- Add the same amount of apple cider vinegar as the onion juice to the bowl. Mix well and apply it to your sunspots.
- Leave it on the skin for fifteen to twenty minutes and then wash it off with cool or warm water to get rid of the smell.
- Put 2 teaspoons of orange juice and half a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a bowl and mix.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes.
- Rinse off.
- Apply it two times a day for at least 30 days for best results.
2. Lemon Juice and Red Onion
Lemon juice is highly rich in mild acid which will help you to remove the spots from your face. It also reduces dead cells and regenerates your new skin cells. You can apply lemon juice directly to your skin with the help of a cotton ball or lightly rub lemon slice. Let it dry on the skin for 20 minutes and then wash it away. Repeat this treatment two to three times each day to make the sunspots gradually fade away.
NB: If you have sensitive skin, try to avoid this treatment, because it irritates your skin.
- Rub a slice of red onion over your sunspots. If you have them on your face, be careful that you do not get the juice in your eyes.
- Wash off to get rid of the smell
Either of these home remedies can take one and a half to two months for any results to show.
3. Butter or Milk
To get rid of white sunspots on your face, you can apply butter or milk. Apply butter or milk on the skin for 20 minutes, let dry and then clean your face with a herbal face wash. Milk and butter are fully loaded with lactic acid which will make your skin glossy and regenerate your skin cells. Try to use this remedy as much as you can.
Turmeric has been a popular agent for lightening your skin since ancient times. It is highly effective to remove your suntan and quickly fade your white sunspots. There are two ways you can use turmeric as a natural treatment.
- Method 1— Mix equal parts of lemon juice and milk with one teaspoon of turmeric and apply to your affected area.
- Method 2— Mix equal parts of honey and olive oil with one teaspoon of turmeric and then massage it on your white sunspots.
With either of these treatments, leave on for 12-15 minutes and then wash off.
5. Cabbage Juice
Cabbage juice is another great remedy to prevent white sunspots from your skin. First, you need to extract the cabbage juice from fresh cabbage leaves. After that, apply the cabbage extract on your skin or the affected area. Let dry for 15 minutes and then rinse off with warm water. It will surely give you a great result.
6. Aloe Vera Gel With Toothpaste
The combination of Aloe Vera gel and toothpaste contain natural healing properties. To improve your skin, apply Aloe Vera gel with white toothpaste two times a day. Using Aloe Vera and toothpaste on your sunspots twice a day will help grow natural cells and repair your damaged skin.
It will regenerate your skin cells and reduce the sun damage from your skin. If you use this remedy regularly for at least 3 months, you will get rid of this problem forever. You can use Aloe Vera juice or the gel directly from the plant. You can also use a herbal cream that is enriched with Aloe Vera.
Honey is mainly rich in antifungal properties, and the antifungal properties of honey will prevent the white patches on your skin. It will also make your skin glossy and retain its normal color. Before applying honey to your skin, clean your skin with warm water and antiseptic soap. Let your skin dry and apply honey on the skin, or you can also add honey with any kind of homemade face pack. For better results, try to use this remedy every day.
Honey and Milk Paste: Another Way
Combining these two ingredients makes an effective team.
- Mix equal parts of honey and milk in a bowl and mix together.
- Apply it to your sunspots and leave it on for about five to ten minutes.
- Rinse off.
8. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a very effective remedy to get rid of white sunspots on your face. It is fully loaded with antibacterial and antifungal properties. It helps to increase regimentation of the skin and also soothes your skin. Try to use this remedy two times a day, and you will get good results.
9. Green Tea Bag
Green tea is fully loaded with antioxidants which will help to heal the sun damage on the skin. To improve your skin, soak the green tea bag in the boiling water for some minutes. Allow it to cool and then apply on your skin. Try to use this remedy at least two times a day.
10. Ginger Remedy
Another great remedy which plays an important role in preventing white sunspots from your skin is ginger. It enhances your blood circulation and also produces melanin. First, cut the ginger into a round shape and then apply it to the affected area. Let the area dry and then wash it. Try to use this remedy twice a week.
11. Tomato Slices or Juice
- Take a thick slice of tomato and rub it on your skin for several minutes.
- Leave it on for five minutes.
- Rinse off.
- Mix four tablespoons of buttermilk with two teaspoons of tomato juice.
- Apply it to your sunspots each day and leave it on for thirty minutes before you wash it off.
12. Laser Skin Resurfacing
This is not a home remedy but something that needs to be done in a dermatologist’s office. Although it is a very effective treatment, it can be expensive which is why it’s usually used for skin that is damaged excessively. You will need to see your dermatologist for three to five sessions to completely refinish your skin. If you do the right aftercare, this treatment is a permanent solution to get rid of your white sunspots. You’ll need a doctor’s recommendation
if your problem is acute.
If your problem is not acute, use these remedies properly, regularly and carefully as they are easier and work better.