Urticaria is another name of hives. About 20% of people are affected by this problem sometime in their lives. Hives are the prickling bumps that can appear on your skin or in a particular place of your body. Hives have different shapes like they can be huge as the hands of human. Or, they can be few millimeters long. This problem mainly occurs when histamine produces in your body, which is considered as a protein.
Hives can be long-term, short-term and chronic. If you want to get rid of hives on your face or other parts of your body, you have to follow some remedies. Surely these remedies work great. Here we are suggesting some important remedies for you to get rid of hives.
20 Easy and Effective Tips on How to Get Rid of Hives Fast
1. Aloe Vera
It is a well-known truth that Aloe Vera could be used for different purposes on various parts of your body. For example, it is typically one of the most popular home remedies used for our hair. It is known to be great for the skin too since it has so many components which can help ease the itchiness that comes with the condition. Aloe Vera can also be used to help prevent the inflammation of hives.
- Cut a fresh Aloe Vera leaf in half.
- Peel off the clean gel out of the Aloe Vera leaf.
- Apply this gel directly on the affected skin.
- Leave this on for half an hour.
- Rinse off with cool water.
- Repeat at least twice every day.
2. Ice Packs
Ice packs help you to get rid of hives. Applying ice packs on the affected area or the whole body can tighten your blood vessels. If you use traditional ice pack on the affected area, that will be beneficial for you.
You can also use ice cubes on your skin if you don’t have ice packs. Besides using this remedy, you also have to keep yourself in a clean and cool environment.
3. Vitamin C
Vitamin C works as a great remedy to get rid of hives but many people are not aware of this. It improves your skin and reduces the histamine effects; beside this, it prevents the itchiness of the skin which is mainly brought by the hives.
It will be best if you make a paste of vitamin c and zinc. Apply the solution on the skin for 15 minutes and let them dry, then rinse it off. If you use this remedy twice a day, you will get a good result.
4. Uncooked Oatmeal
Uncooked oatmeal relieves you from the pain of itchiness and swelling. If you want to get rid of this problem, get the uncooked oatmeal.
- First of all, prepare a paste of water and baking soda
- Add uncooked oatmeal with it.
- Then apply them on the affected area.
- Let them dry and rinse it off.
- For best results, use this remedy every day.
5. Vitamin E Oil
Try to use vitamin E oil to get rid of hives. It mainly tries to heal blisters of your skin and reduces the redness of your skin. If you use this oil every day before going to bed, you can cure this problem.
- Take a few drops of vitamin E oil.
- Apply the oil on the affected area.
- Rub for a few minutes.
- Let it absorb.
6. Cold Milk Compresses
Milk has great cooling and soothing abilities that help to provide relief from itching all over the body that comes with hives. However, this is a temporary remedy. Try to switch to a better remedy.
- Apply cold milk compress all over the affected areas of your body.
- Keep the ice-cold compress on for at least ten minutes continuously.
- Do it three times a day.
Neem is one of the most powerful remedies for the treatment of the treatment of hives. It reduces itching and irritation which is caused by the lesions.
- Take some neem powder and pour it into some warm water.
- Make a paste of it.
- Apply it all over whole body, including the affected area, every day before taking shower.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a well-known remedy for all kinds of skin problem. It mainly reduces the bacterial infection of hives and gives you relief from itchiness and helps you to release histamine from the body. There are some steps you have to follow, to make a paste of apple cider vinegar-
- Take apple cider vinegar and cornstarch to make a pasty mixture.
- Apply it on the whole skin or affected area and let them dry.
It will be best if you use theses remedy, after taking shower, because at that time your skin will be more absorbent and soft.
[ Also Read: How To Get Rid Of a Rash Fast Naturally ]
9. Stinging Nettle
Most of us people do not know that stinging nettle can be utilized to get rid of hives fast. It is possible that you are not aware that stinging nettle has been used as a major ingredient for a variety of medications and topical creams for years.
You have to get the useful parts of stinging nettle, if you want to get rid of hives on your skin. You should remember that those fine hairs of stinging nettle may make the situation of your skin worse.
- Put the essence of stinging nettle all over the affected area of your skin.
- Keep it for 5 minutes at least.
- Do this once every two days.
10. Chamomile Tea
Take a few drinks of chamomile tea to relieve yourself from the hive problem. It is well known for providing a soothing feeling. It is rather helpful in giving you some mental peace.
- To make tea, boil some water.
- Brew the tea leaves in water for 3-4 minutes.
- Strain the tea and mix some honey or sugar.
- Drink this twice a day.
11. Baking Soda
Baking soda is considered as one of the greatest remedies to get rid of hives. Baking soda prevents the itchiness which is mainly caused by the ailment.
- Take baking soda and mix it with water.
- Make a paste with it.
- Add some honey with it.
- Apply on the affected area and keep it for 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off. Repeat once every day.
The acidic properties of vinegar are helpful in reducing the swelling that are caused by welts found in the typical cases of urticaria. This will give you much respite from all the itching of hives.
- Mix a teaspoon of white vinegar with a tablespoon of water.
- With the help of a cotton ball, apply the solution all over the affected areas of your skin.
- Do not rinse this off. Let it absorb.
13. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is highly rich in sulfate and magnesium which reduces the inflammation and pain of the hives.
- Take a teaspoon of Epsom salt.
- Mix it with a tablespoon of water.
- Apply it on the hive affected area.
- Keep it for 10 minutes, then rinse off.
14. Witch Hazel
Witch hazel actually shrinks the blood vessels on your hive contaminated skin. If the blood vessels are relatively smaller, it will be more difficult for your body to discharge histamine that may be causing hives to appear on your skin.
- Apply Witch Hazel all over the skin.
- Let it stay on the skin for five minutes.
- You may rinse it off or leave it on your skin to be absorbed.
[ Also Read: How to Get Rid of Eczema Fast ]
15. Green Tea
Green tea is famous for having multiple great benefits. Therefore, it should not surprise you anymore that the majority of people you know consume it every day. For non-tea drinkers, green tea is their tea of choice.
Take it when you need to drink anything like tea or coffee. The most important reason why green tea is great for getting rid of hives is due to the presence catechins in it.
- Take a bag of dried or fresh green tea.
- Brew this tea for about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour a small quantity of honey to taste.
- Drink the tea 3 times every day.
16. Licorice Root Tea
A major problem that you may encounter when you grow hives is inflammation. Taking licorice root tea could help get rid of inflammation that comes with the hives. However, you should remember that the tea is not at all recommended to be taken if you also take diabetes medication. There might be some elements that will never mix well with licorice root tea.
- Brew licorice root tea for 5 minutes.
- Pour some honey in order to make the taste better.
- Drink the tea once every day.
Ginger can decrease the sudden rushing of blood to capillaries, which sooner or later causes hives to crop up. It acts as natural anti-histamine as well. You could take the ginger in any way- soothing ginger pops or ginger tea.
- Crush a slice of ginger in your regular tea.
- Take a bag of ginger tea and brew it.
- Drink the tea three times every day.
18. Red Alder Bark
Red alder bark is a very effective remedy to get rid of hives but unfortunately, most of the people do not know about this. It reduces the redness of your skin and irritation. It also gives you relief from the pain of hives.
Marigold is another great and best remedy for the treatment of hives. Marigold contains anti-inflammation and anti-bacterial properties which mainly kills the bacteria and also reduces the redness of the whole body.
You can add this ingredient while making any kind of homemade face pack.
20. Fish Oil
Taking fish oil capsules will help to get rid of hives. They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. The acids are helpful in decreasing inflammation since they have anti-inflammatory characteristics. You could eat the varieties of fish which are high on the fatty acids, like trout, salmon and tuna. Mackerel is a great option too.
These remedies are very useful to get rid of hives. Though it’s a very long-term process but if you follow these remedies properly then it will surely work. If not then try to consult with your doctor as soon as possible.