Darkening of armpits is a problem that occurs in both men and women but the bitter truth is that this problem is more common in women. A dark armpit is very embarrassing and it also creates irritation and itching in the body. There are many reasons behind dark armpits like- sweating, using hair removing cream, improper underarm ventilation, dead skin cells of the body. To get rid of dark armpits, you can use some home remedies which are very safe, effective and affordable. Here we are proposing you some important home remedies that will be very helpful to get rid of dark armpits and will make your underarms very beautiful.
How to Get Rid of Dark Armpits: 100% Permanent Solution
1. Potato Slices
To get rid of dark armpits, potato can be considered as a great remedy. It has mild acidic property which works as a strong bleaching agent and also prevents irritation, inflammation.
- Grate the potatoes and strain the juice from them
- Then apply the juice to your affected area.
- Or, apply thin slices of potato to your underarms.
- Leave the potato juice or slices in your underarm area for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- You should notice a difference right away.
2. Lemon or Lemon Juice
Lemon contains anti-bacterial and anti-agent properties which helps to dry out the skin and also moisturized the skin.
- Each day after bathing, rub your dark armpits with lemon juice. This natural lightening agent will take away the unsightly darkness in your underarm area slowly but surely.
- After you rinse the lemon juice off (wait about 10 minutes), follow up with a moisturizer that is rich in vitamin E to nourish the skin. It may also be best to go without deodorant for a few days as well to keep your underarms from becoming too irritated.
3. Orange Peel
Orange peel is highly rich in exfoliating and skin lightening properties. These properties help to reduce the dark armpits and also lighten the skin.
- Keep the peels in the sun for two or three days.
- Grind the orange peels until they’re in powder form
- Mix them with rosewater to make a paste. This solution is actually an exfoliator for the underarms;
- Massage it gently into the skin for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse the orange peel and rosewater from your underarms with cool water
- Repeat this once or twice a week to lighten underarm skin and keep it toned and healthy.
4. Baking Soda
Mix a little baking soda with water to help get rid of the dark areas of your armpits. Baking soda reduces the dead cells of the skin and also unclogs the skin pores. You can use this solution to wash under your arms to lighten the area and remove foul odors and impurities.
Baking soda is also a natural exfoliant, so mixing baking soda and water to form a paste and scrubbing the solution under your arms can also give you the results you want.
NB: If your skin is especially sensitive, only use this remedy once or twice a week to prevent skin irritation.
5. Cucumber: Another Good Remedy
The natural bleaching properties of cucumber help to lighten the affected area and also prevent other skin related problems. Try to use cucumber twice a day in the affected area; surely it will give u a good result.
- Grating a cucumber and applying the juice directly to your underarms will bleach the area safely.
- Leave the juice under your arms for about 15 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
- You should see results right away.
- However, the juice from the cucumber is gentle enough that you can repeat this process for a few days until you get the results you want.
6. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has the ability to remove dirt and toxins from the skin while lightening the underarms. Coconut oil is highly rich in Vitamin E which helps to lighten the affected area and it also works an effective deodorant.
- Massage your underarms with coconut oil for about 15 minutes before taking a bath or shower.
- Wash the oil off with warm water and gentle soap.
When you treat your underarms with coconut oil daily, you’ll notice improvement over time. The oil also combats odor and sweat, so it can be used as a natural deodorant.
Saffron is another great remedy for the treatment of dark armpits. To make a paste of saffron, you have to take one tablespoon saffron and two tablespoons mild lotion. Mix them properly and apply on the under arms. The paste of saffron and mild lotion helps to lighten the skin and reduces unpleasant odors from the under arms.
8. Rosewater and Sandalwood
A combination of sandalwood and rosewater is a pleasant-smelling way to get rid of dark underarms. Rosewater cools and softens the skin under the arms, and sandalwood helps to lighten the area. This combination is especially helpful if you’ve experienced irritation, broken skin or redness in your underarms after using conventional deodorants.
- Keep this natural solution under your arms for about 10 minutes before rinsing.
- Use sandalwood and rosewater daily until you get the results you want.
To get rid of dark armpits sandalwood is very effective. It reduces excessive sweating and also reduces itching and other skin diseases.
[ Also Read: How to Get Rid of Dark Circles ]
Milk is very useful to get rid of this problem. It contains fatty acids and vitamins that help to reduce the dead skin cells and lightening the affected skin. You can make a paste of milk and curd for the treatment of dark armpits.
- Applying milk to your underarms can help to lighten the skin gently.
- You can apply the milk with a cotton pad, or milk it with curd and a little flour to make a paste.
Milk can also be combined with honey and saffron to create a natural solution that will remove bacteria from the area while making the skin supple and healthier. Milk and honey are also beneficial for getting rid of dark underarms that come from shaving with harsh razors.
Vinegar removes the dead skin cells and helps to whiten the skin. It also prevents the bacteria of the under arms.
- For better result, make a paste of vinegar and rice flower.
- Apply them in the affected area for 10 minutes.
This natural solution works best after you’ve taken a hot shower, as your skin will be soft and your pores will be open, making the ingredients more effective. Vinegar and rice water also kill the germs and bacteria in the underarms that can lead to unpleasant odor.
Apple contains AHA and acidity which kills the germs and bacteria of the under arms and also moisturize the skin.
13. Gram Flour
Gram flour is another natural way to make dark armpits a thing of the past. So try to apply it in the under arms then you will see the magical result of the gram flour. Try to apply the paste of gram flour twice a day.
- A handful of gram flour mixed with turmeric, yogurt and lemon creates a paste that nourishes the skin.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Put the solution under your arms for at least half an hour.
- Rinse the solution with warm water.
- Use this treatment every day for two weeks, then three times a week to lighten the underarms.
14. Lavender and Witch Hazel Deodorant
Your armpits could be darkening in color due to the use of deodorants that contain harsh chemicals.
- Alum is a safe and natural alternative to deodorant, or you could mix a few drops of lavender with half a cup of witch hazel.
- Apply the solution to your underarms each day with a cotton pad.
This will eliminate sweat and odor while you give your underarm area a break from the parabens and other substances that can cause darkening of the skin.
Sugar is another great remedy which works as a scrub. Take 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil, and mix them properly and apply in the dark area. Try to take this mixture twice a week while you taking bath. Surely your skin improves a lot.
16. DIY Skin Cream
Your armpits need to be nourished and protected in order for the skin to lighten and to prevent irritation. You can make your own natural skin cream from water, olive oil, wheat germ oil, jojoba oil and the citrus oil you like best. Mix these ingredients together and shake thoroughly before applying the solution to your underarms.
These oils moisturize the skin to keep it smooth and healthy, which will lessen the chances that the skin will darken any further. You may also want to apply the skin cream before or after waxing and shaving to ensure that your skin doesn’t become irritated and form blemishes.
17. Pumice Stone
Pumice Stone is good for dark armpits treatments. It removes the dead skin cells and whitens the dark area. Beside these, it also reduces bad odors from the underarms.
These are the most important herbal and easy remedies to get rid of dark armpits. If you are able to do this treatment properly, you will be able to get rid of this problem successfully and you will be look more beautiful. If you face acute problem then you should consult with a doctor immediately.