So, you have a big event soon and a round stomach. You have only a week to make your belly as flat as possible. Making your belly flat in only a week is ambitious, but if you can stick to your well thought out, strict plan, you can do it. Now, let’s see how to get a flat stomach in a week. We will lay out some methods for you. We assure that these effective tips will definitely help you a lot.
How to Get a Flat Stomach in a Week: Burning off Your Stomach Fat With Exercise
Here are some beneficial exercises that can help you to get a flat stomach
1. Do Crunches Everyday:
Do the crunches to get a flat stomach in a week. There are clashes among trainers whether crunches are the ultimate best option to flatten your abs or not, but it is true that they work on the muscles on the front and side of the belly. It also helps you to tighten your abs.
Directions for Arms over the Straight-Leg Crunches:
- Take a pair of 10-pound dumbbells and lay on your back.
- Bend your arms behind you and extend both your legs, raising them to a 45-degree angle.
- Now, bring your arms upward over your chest.
- Lift both your shoulders off the mat and raise your legs. Make the legs perpendicular to the floor.
- Go back to your initial position without letting the legs touch down the floor.
- The crunch is complete. You have to do three sets of this, repeating it 15 times with a 30-second long resting period between each set.
2. Aerobic Exercise:
Aerobic exercise is your best weapon in the war against belly fat. It is the most efficient way to burn up deep, visceral fat. Aerobic workout routines burn 67% more calories than resistance training or a routine that blends cardio and resistance. It mainly depends on aerobic energy generation process.
3. Pelvic Tilt Crunch:
The pelvic tilt exercise can be done standing, sitting, on all fours, or while lying on your back with knees bent and feet on the floor. Do the pelvic tilt crunch for a flat stomach.
- Lie down on your back on a stability ball with your backside pressed into it, your feet on the floor.
- Take one five to ten-pound dumbbell or medicine ball into your hands resting on your chest.
- Tighten up the abs and crunch until your shoulders get off the ball.
- Use both your hands to reach the dumbbell toward the ceiling.
- Make sure you do 3 sets of 12-15 reps, only resting for thirty seconds in between every set. Surely it will help you to get a flat stomach.
4. Tone Your Core:
Work up your core. It is made up of the abdominal muscles and the muscles of the lower back, hips and pelvic floor- these are more than fifteen muscles in total. For a totally flat stomach, you have to exercise in a way that targets all of those muscles. Try to do this exercise for 15 minutes, two or three times a week.
5. Slide Plank:
Slide plank mainly considered as an overlooked exercise. To get a flat stomach in a week, do Side Planks.
- Lie down on the left side with the elbow beneath the shoulder and stack the legs one on the other.
- Put the right hand on the left shoulder or right on the right hip.
- Tighten up the abs and lift the hips off of the floor, till you balance yourself on the forearm and feet.
- Make your body form a diagonal line on the floor.
- Keep the posture for thirty to forty-five seconds.
- Repeat the same the opposite side.
Remember, if you cannot hold the posture for that long, stay up just as long as you possibly can and work up from there. There are many variations of the slide plank you can also try, to get a flat stomach.
Best Home Remedies to Get a Flat Stomach in a Week
There are many things you can drink to help you get a flat stomach. Here we are suggesting some useful remedies or things you can drink to give you a great result.
6. Drink Plenty of Water:
You always have to drink plentiful water. it would be particularly important for this plan. Drinking water helps your body sustain fluid balance and discontinue water retention. You feel full and less inclined to eat more. Water dissolves fat for energy, moving nutrients to muscles to preserve your metabolism. You can add orange, cucumber or lemon give the water a flavor boost. You may also want to try flowers and herbs such as lemon verbena or mint.
7. Freshen Watermelon and Pineapple Smoothies:
To get a flat stomach, smoothies are very useful. Smoothies are a good way to keep your body hydrated. A watermelon smoothie gives the body amino acid called arginine. It decreases body fat and increases lean muscle mass. A pineapple smoothie gives the benefit of bromelain; the enzyme that breaks down protein eases digestion and banishes bloating. These smoothies are also very useful for the summer season.
Directions for a watermelon smoothie:
- First, chop two cups of watermelon.
- Place them into a blender.
- Add half a cup of low-fat or skim milk in the blender.
- Blend this for about 20 seconds or until it becomes smooth enough.
- Now, add 2 cups of ice into it.
- Blend again for 15 seconds or until you are satisfied with the consistency.
- This recipe has two servings, so you can drink one glass in the morning and one in the evening.
Directions for Pineapple Smoothie:
- Measure a cup of skim milk.
- Put the milk in a blender and mix 4 ounces of canned or fresh pineapple pieces or slices.
- Now, you have to whip the contents and blend them for a minute.
- Then, pour the smoothie into a glass.
- Add a tablespoon of cold-pressed and organic flaxseed oil.
- Drink this once in the morning and once in the evening daily.
[ Also Read: How to Lose Weight in Your Face ]
8. Usage of Ginger:
Ginger helps to calm the GI tract and reduce bloating. It mainly prevents the unhealthy fats from the body, boosts immunity and diabetes. Just add some freshly grated ginger to green tea or boil up some chopped pieces of ginger root to make tea. You should follow this process-
- Boil up some water and bring it to a boil.
- Pour it out in a cup.
- Put two bags of green tea and some freshly grated ginger in that cup.
- Let the tea steep for about two minutes. Stir the bags constantly to extract more green tea and ginger to make a stronger tea.
- Drink this tea once every morning and once every evening.
9. Drink Green Tea:
Drink green tea to get a flat stomach in a week. It is mainly considered as the healthiest beverage on the earth. Green tea helps reduce belly fat due to the antioxidants called catechins inside it. For some extra fat-burning, drink green tea before every workout or you can drink green every day especially in the morning and evening.
- Take some water in a pot and heat it.
- Bring it to a boil. Pour the water in a cup.
- Take a bag of green tea and put it into the hot water.
- Let it steep for a couple of minutes.
- Drink this tea three times every day for best results until your stomach reduces.
10. Try to Avoid Alcohol:
Keep away from alcohol to get a flat stomach in a week. Alcohol is not a friend if you want a flat belly. It gets your body to store more fat you eat every day and burn almost 36% less fat. It will also reduce production of fat-burning hormones of your body. Beside this, it also increases blood pressure, and also damage the hurt muscle.
11. Drink Peppermint Tea:
Many Restaurants offer peppermint candies after meals. Because peppermint tea is very useful to get a flat stomach and it provides many health benefits. Also, Peppermint works as a digestive aid. Brew up a peppermint tea or just add peppermint leaves to green tea or water you drink. It also gives you relief from any pain like diarrhea and stomach pain.
- Take some water and bring it to a boil.
- Put a few peppermint leaves in the water and let it brew for two minutes.
- Put in a bag of any tea of your choice and let it steep.
- Drink this twice a day.
12. Healthy Eating:
In place of three full meals that fill your belly completely and slow your digestive system, you should eat small and frequent snacks or meals. Eat the meals about two hours apart because they will take up less room in your stomach, cause reduced expansion, keep the metabolism up and also make you feel full.
High fiber food, such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, beans and cauliflower, make gas and bloating in your stomach. Do not eat them for a week. After the weekends, add them back gradually, one at a time. Some can bother the stomach more than others. You could adjust your diet according to your tolerance to get enough fiber and keep the stomach flat as well.
You have to make adjustments to your fruit and vegetable intake. Despite the fact that raw fruits and vegetables are good choices for general health, they cause the stomach to stretch out. It would be best to have them in small portions several times throughout the day.
You should eat foods with high levels of potassium such as avocado, papaya, mini bananas, cantaloupe, mango and nonfat yogurt. Make sure the yogurt is made without artificial sweetener. Potassium happens to be a natural diuretic. Therefore it will help lessen water retention and inflammation.
These are the immediate remedies to reduce belly fat. Go through all these exercises and diet plans. You will have a flat belly within a week. But do not stress yourself too much. In addition, one should not give time to increase any kind of fat because this is the root cause of all physical problems. Though it is a very serious problem, one has to work hard to face this problem. Remember anyone can lose belly fat so just take an effort and keep patience. If one feels acute problem, he/she can consult with a doctor and can take medicine. But one should not take any step or medicine without consulting with a doctor.