These are round, flat, brown, sometimes reddish, spots that appear on your skin and are different sizes. Anyone of any age can get freckles. According to the American Association of Dermatologists, freckles are a sign of damage to your skin because of hormonal imbalance, hereditary, exposure to the sunlight, and more. Although you can get them all over your body, they are usually more prominent in areas that are exposed to the rays of the sun. It can be very expensive to get rid of freckles medically, but there are many different home remedies you can use.
How to Get Rid of Freckles on Face and Skin
1. Sour Cream:
In the sour milk that makes up sour cream, there are lactic acids that can really help to get rid of your freckles.
- Apply a small amount of sour cream to your freckles
- Let it dry for a few minutes
- Do not rinse it completely off with water, but instead, you have to gently wipe it off with a towel or soft tissue. If you cannot gently wipe it off, you can use a little water to get the rest off.
- Once this is done apply some moisturizer to the freckles.
You need to do this treatment at least one time a day until your freckles are gone. This home remedy will not cause any skin dryness or irritate your skin. If you do not want to go through this much trouble, you can rinse your skin with sour milk each day. You can also replace sour cream with yogurt instead.
2. Castor Oil:
Using castor oil can help your freckles fade away and equalize your skin pigmentation.
- Before you go to bed at night apply castor oil to your freckles
- In the morning wipe it off with a soft tissue
- Once this is done, you can wash your skin with water that is lukewarm.
- You need to continue this treatment until you get rid of your freckles.
You should make sure that you are using castor oil that is odorless. If you do not want to use castor oil you can use olive oil or vitamin E oil instead.
Using buttermilk to get rid of freckles is one of the easiest home remedies to use.
- Apply buttermilk to your freckles
- Leave it on for ten minutes
- Rinse off with water that is lukewarm
Preparation and Usage:
- Add enough buttermilk to powdered oatmeal to make a thick paste.
- Put this paste on your freckles and leave on for thirty minutes.
- Wash off with cold water
- Do this one time a day.
4. Lemon Juice:
This is a highly effective ingredient to use to treat your freckles. It has lightening properties and can bleach the freckles on your skin nicely.
- To be most effective you need to use fresh lemon juice which you apply to the freckles with your fingers.
- Gently massage the lemon juice into the freckles for ten to fifteen minutes.
- You need to rinse your body with warm water so you can either take a shower or bath.
- You need to do this treatment two times a day such as before you go to bed and when you get up since many usually take a shower or bath at either of these times.
Instead of using plain fresh lemon juice, you can dissolve some sugar in the juice and apply it to your freckles using a brush. To finish this treatment follow the last steps as if you were using plain fresh lemon juice.
Honey has natural bleaching properties and can help reduce the excess production of melanin that causes freckles, especially the red ones, and can help to reduce skin pigmentation.
Paste of Honey and Water:
- Make a mixture of water and honey and warm it before you put it on the freckles
- Leave it on for several minutes
- Rinse off with warm water.
Herbal Mask for Freckles on Your Face:
- Mix warm honey and wheat germ to make it thick enough to make a mask to put on your freckles.
- After putting the herbal mask on, leave it on for ten minutes
- Rinse the area with warm water and then use cold water to wash the rest of it off.
Paste of Honey and Yogurt:
- Mix these two ingredients and put it on your freckles for thirty minutes each day and wash it off with cold water.
Paste of Honey, Salt, and Lemon Juice:
- Apply it to your freckles and after fifteen minutes, wash it off with lukewarm water.
6. Parsley Juice:
In parsley juice, there are bleaching agents that can help to remove and cure your freckles.
- Chop the parsley and put it in boiling water.
- Strain the juice and allow the juice to cool
- Mix the juice with equal parts of lemon juice and orange juice.
- Rub it on your freckles and leave on for ten minutes
- Rinse off with cold/lukewarm water.
To get the best results, you should use a red onion instead of a white or yellow onion.
Red Onion Slices:
- Slice the red onion into thick slices and rub them gently on your freckles two times a day, but be careful you do not get the juice into your eyes.
- Grate a red onion and extract the juice.
- Apply the juice to your freckles two times a day.
For better results, you can add a teaspoon of white or apple cider vinegar to the onion juice. If you do either of the red onion treatments for seven to fourteen days, your skin will start becoming spotless.
8. Sesame Seeds:
- Mix equal amounts of both turmeric and sesame seeds and then grind them while adding a little water to make a smooth paste
- Apply it to your freckles and leave it on for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water
- Do this two times a day and you will soon see your freckles fading away.
9. Papaya Juice:
In papaya juice, there is a kind of enzyme that can help lighten your freckles and it is called pumping. This treatment will also leave your skin feeling soft and healthy looking.
- Use a cotton ball and apply fresh papaya juice directly on your freckles.
- Gently massage the areas
- Rinse off with cold water after ten minutes.
You can lighten your freckles by dabbing horseradish juice on your freckles every day for ten minutes and then rinse off with cold water.
Preparation and Usage:
- Grate one horseradish and mix it with the juice from one lemon to make a paste.
- Apply this paste to your freckles and allow the paste to dry.
- After it has dried wash it off with cold water.
When you do this, paste treatment on a regular basis on your freckles, soon it will be less noticeable.
11. Cucumber Mask:
This is a popular way of getting rid of your freckles on your face but can be used anywhere.
- Grate a piece of cucumber and put it on your face.
- Leave on for twenty minutes and wash it.
12. Skin Bleaching:
This is one of the easiest methods to get rid of your freckles at home but is not a natural treatment. For this treatment, you will use a facial or skin bleaching cream with the two main ingredients being Kojic acid and hydroquinone in order to be effective for removing your freckles.
13. Laser Treatment:
This is a treatment that you will have to go to your dermatologists to have it done. With this treatment, your dermatologist will pass a green laser light over your freckles which will remove any abnormal accumulation of melanin pigment. This will eliminate your freckles and give you clear, healthy, looking skin. It will take at least two sessions with your dermatologist to get rid of freckles. How much it will cost will depend on what your dermatologist charges.
This is a surgical treatment to remove your freckles by burning or freezing them. Your dermatologist will use liquid nitrogen to freeze your skin to get rid of them. If you just have a few freckles that you want to remove, this would be the medical treatment you would use.