Most of us have experienced sinus pain at some point in our lives. Most recover without any medications. But there are natural pain remedies you can take to get rid of sinus remedies that offer relief. They work fine, whether the symptoms are due to allergies, common cold, or a sinusitis. If you’re dying of sinus and nasal congestion, natural home remedies can save you from this miserable condition. Here are a number of effective home remedies for sinus infection that can soothe all the major symptoms of sinus infection.
19 Best Home Remedies for Sinus Infection That Works
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the useful home remedies for sinus infection. It helps to thin and eliminate congested mucous.
- To prepare this remedy you need 2 teaspoons raw apple cider vinegar, 6 Oz warm water and 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Then mix all the ingredients and drink three times in a day to get the best results for sinus infection.
2. Flush Your Nasal Passages
A saline wash thins up the mucus and helps flush all of it out of your nasal passages. Saline washes have proven to be effective. They should be your first line of defense for sinus infection.
Daily use of saline solution via your nasal passages to keep your sinuses moist will help. You should double up the dose when your sinus is due to allergies or cold.
Beetroot is an excellent home remedy for sinus infection. It helps to break and flush out mucus.
- Take 2 teaspoon beet-root and boil it with required water for 20 minutes.Then pour the colored water
- Then pour the colored water in a nail-med bottle.Wash thoroughly inside your infected nostril using this lukewarm Beetroot infused
- Wash thoroughly inside your infected nostril using this lukewarm Beetroot infused water.
- Continue this remedy for a couple of days to get cured from sinus infection.
4. Use a Humidifier
It keeps the air in your house moist. Be sure to keep it clean, particularly if you get mold allergies. A dirty humidifier could breed mold. And you must only use this during dry months and not when the weather is humid. Also, keep checking on the humidity level in your room. The recommended level is thirty-five to fifty percent. If your windows start fogging up, the humidity is too high.
Turmeric contains a powerful natural compound called Curcumin that is very effective to cure sinus cavity and clear up airway passage.
It also contains an anti-inflammatory property that cures nasal infection caused by inflammation. Add turmeric in your regular cooking so that you can ensure of taking enough Curcumin to treat sinus infections.
6. Drink Plenty of Water
Keeping your body hydrated helps in many ways, including misting up your sinuses. Drink water all throughout the day. Also, make sure you stay well away from alcohol and caffeinated drinks, which could cause dehydration.
Although recommended water intake varies from person to person, the easy and general guideline would be to drink at least eight glasses of water every day. How can you tell whether you are taking enough fluid? Well, if your urine is clear in color, you are finely hydrated.
7. Apply Warm Compresses
A warm compress can be used to keep the nasal tissues all You can also fill a deep pot with steaming water, place your face on it with a cotton towel around your head and breathe the steam in. Only, be careful to not burn yourself. You could also follow up warm compress with cold compress, which can also help relieve sinus pain.
Onion works as an excellent decongestant to treat sinus infection.
- To prepare this remedy you need some chopped onion to be boiled.
- Then take some warm water in a pot and inhale the vapor for a few minutes.
- Take the vapor for several times; everything will come out from the inner nostrils.
9. Hot Water Vapor Can Make the Sinuses Moist
Just sprinkle a few drops of menthol or eucalyptus in your shower and steam up the bathroom. A steamy bath or shower can help to loosen up the mucus and debris which are stuck inside your nose. Also, make sure you have plenty of tissue paper around when you inhale steam.
10. Grapefruit Seed Extract
Grapefruit seed extract contains a powerful natural antioxidant the can soothe at least thirty types of viral and fungal infection including sinus infection. Buy a GSE nasal spray. Spray it inside your nostrils. Apply twice a day for desired results.
11. Make Your Home Allergy-Proof
Allergies make sinus pain much You should control the home environment by getting rid of dust mites, using bedding with allergen-barriers, installing an air filter system and keeping pets out of your bedroom to help lessen nasal allergies.
12. Oregano oil
Oregano oil is a very effective home remedy for many diseases including sinus infection, indigestion, liver infection, and so on. It contains high amount of antioxidant like Phenolic and Flavonoids acids.Take oregano oil steam regularly to get
Take oregano oil steam regularly to get cured from sinus infection. And you can also make a drink using 10 drops of oregano oil in a bottle of water.
13. Thyme Oil
Thyme oil is one of the best home remedies for sinus infection. It works excellent to cure sinus infection.
- Take one small bottle warm water and 15-20 drops of thyme oil.
- Mix them and apply 4 drops of the mixture in the nostril.
Remember to cover your head with towel that lets the steam get into your nostrils.
14. Herbal Tea
Taking steam tea frequently throughout a day can be one of the effective home remedy for sinus infection. Prepare an herbal tea using ginger, lemon and honey. You can add a cinnamon stick with your tea to get an extra flavor.
15. Spice Your Diet Up
Spicy foods such as mustard, curry, hot peppers, horseradish and wasabi are quite adept in helping clear sinusesp. If you don’t like spice, try today. consider adding “hot” spices to meals to open up your nasal passages. Spices make your nose run and help you get rid of sinus infection.
16. Neti Pot
Neti pot is one of the fastest and effective natural remedies for sinus infection.
- To make this remedy you need to buy a neti pot.
- Then take 1 teaspoon sea salt, 1 capsules of hydrogen peroxide, and 10 drops of benodine.
- After that, fill the rest of the pot with warm water and mix them properly.
- Pour this mixture inside your infected nostrils.
- Apply this remedy at least 2-4 times a day and keep applying for 5 days.
17. Don’t Go for Antibiotics Immediately
Using antibiotics haphazardly can lead to resistance to antibiotic and development of superbugs. Also, they might not be effective in healing most sinusitis cases.
Most sinus infections are viral and can be treated without any antibiotics. Your doctor might suggest a week-long waiting period without antibiotics to observe if your sinusitis gets better.
18. Garlic Can Help You Get Rid of Sinus Infection
It has a smell which makes it quite recognizable. But with a sinus infection, you almost certainly would not be able to smell the stench much. Do remember that garlic can be helpful in fighting staph infection. Since it has substances which could help get rid of bacteria and viruses.
19. Try Using Bromelain is a Protein that is Found in Pineapple Stems
For long years, it has been used by fighters sound the world to reduce swelling. It also comes as a supplement. Just make sure that you talk to your doctor before taking it, because bromelain may intercept with the effects of other medications you take. And you must follow exact dosing instructions as well.
However, you should know when to see the doctor. If your sinus lasts for more than a week and you develop a fever, you better go see a specialist, because you might now need more aggressive treatment which natural remedies cannot provide.