Celery is a fiber rich herb water contains natural (95%). It is a good source of Vitamin C, B1, B2 and B6 with calcium, potassium, and folic acid. Apples are taken to be the owners of most health accolades. Spinach is the king of the healthy veggie basket. Compared to those, celery is somewhat a quiet one, but once you go through the incredible–and almost endless–list of health benefits of celery, you will join its increasing list of admirers. Let us have a look at the list-
Amazing Health Benefits of Celery You Didn’t Know
- Celery decreases inflammation. If you have bad joint pains, asthma, lung infections or acne, increasing intake of celery will get much-needed respite. Make a soup out of it and eat it. or, make a paste for external treatments.
- One of the great health benefits of celery is it helps with stress relief. Yes, you read t right. The minerals present in celery, particularly magnesium, and all the essential oil in it, calm down the nervous system. If you like a celery-based bite in the evening, you are going to sleep better.
- It regulates our body’s alkaline balance, therefore protecting you from health problems like acidity.
- Celery helps with digestion. Some people say celery tastes like crunchy water. This is exactly why it is so good for the digestive system. The elevated water content in celery, plus the insoluble fiber inside it, makes for a nice tool for simple passage of stool. Remember, celery has diuretic and cleansing properties, so if you have diarrhea should steer clear of it.
- Celery is widely used home remedy for fungal infection. Celery contains strong fungicides that help to treat fungal infection.
- It contains healthy salts. Celery contains sodium, but it’s not the same thing as table salt. The salt celery has is organic, natural and essential for good health. You might not need extra salt for whatever dish you make if you put celery into it. It will naturally make the food salted.
- Celery keeps your eyes healthy. A large stalk of celery delivers up to ten percent of our daily needs for Vitamin A, along with a group of nutrients protecting the eyes and preventing age-related deterioration of vision.
- Celery decreases bad cholesterol. There is a compound in celery named butylphthalide. Celery gets its flavor and scent from that. A Chicago University research proves that only two stalks of celery every day could reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) by almost 7 points.
- It lessens blood pressure due to the presence of an active compound named phthalides. Celery has been proven to improve circulatory health. Whole and raw celery lessens high blood pressure because of the natural salts present in it. table salts are bad for blood pressure, but celery contains healthy salts.
- Along with all these, one of the best health benefits of celery is that it can combat cancer. Studies show that a powerful flavonoid in celery called luteolin, prevents the growth of cancer cells, especially inside the pancreas. Another suggests that the regular eating of celery could significantly hinder the formation of breast cancer cells.
- Generally, bad breath causes from improper brushing, food particles, and pungent bacteria. If you munch a stalk of celery helps to cleanse bacteria from the back of the tongue. Regular munching on a stalk of celery reduces bad breath.
- If you want to watch out for your weight then celery is a really a good choice. A big stalk contains just 10 calories. Therefore, you should add celery to the shopping list. You can enjoy it in your soups, salads and stir-fries. You can just carry it with you whenever you go and chew on the stalk at any time.
- Celery heals hay fever and allergy symptoms along with other vegetables. Take celery as much as possible with your daily meals as a salad.
- Ribs of celery are crispy and are used to make salad or soup. It is salty, so celery juice is a good blend with the sweet fruit juices. Depending on its variety, some celeries may taste really, really salty.
- Yes, you heard it right! It’s known that, celery juice is amazing for increasing sexual drive. Drinking celery juice daily is beneficial for sex.
- Uric acid is responsible for gout. It gives good results if you much a stalk of celery or take 2 celery seeds daily. One good option for gout treatment is to drink celery juice daily.
Health Benefits of Celery: Some Useful Factors
There are some factors you will need to remember while picking and eating celery. Here are some useful tips:
- Freshly chopped celery retains its nutrients much better than if you chop and store it even for a few hours. To store in the fridge, keep celery in a sealed container or wrap in a plastic bag.
- Choose celery with upright stalks that snap when bent. The leaves should be fresh and crisp.
- When selecting celery, remember this rule of thumb: The darker the color, the stronger the flavor.
- Do not leave it at room temperature for too long as it tends to wilt quickly. If your celery has wilted, sprinkle it with a little water and put it in the refrigerator for a few hours. It will regain its crispness.
All these health benefits of celery will definitely make you buy more celery next time in the grocery store. Happy eating!