You will not see a banana as only a banana the same way after knowing about its various health benefits of bananas ever again. You will find all the reasons you need to get them into your diet. Bananas battle depression, make you smarter, relieve you of morning sickness and cure hangovers. They also protect you against diabetes, kidney cancer, blindness and osteoporosis. They can heal a mosquito bite that itches and also put a nice shine on your shoes.
The exclusive mix of minerals, vitamins and low glycemic carbohydrates into bananas makes them one of their most favorite fruit among the endurance athletes. They are easy to carry, are not very expensive and taste great- all these factors support the fruit’s popularity into this exclusive group of people.
Bananas are elliptically shaped, long fruits that come prepackaged by Mother Nature herself, having a firm, creamy kernel wrapped inside a fat inedible peel. Bananas grow in clusters of fifty to a hundred and fifty, with individual fruits together in bunches, known as “hands,” of ten to twenty-five bananas.
Bananas come in plenty of, in fact, hundreds of edible variants that come under two distinct species: Sweet banana and the plantain banana. Sweet bananas differ in color and size. Let us look at-
20 Amazing Health Benefits of Bananas of Different Kinds
- If you still think bananas are just monkey food, you need to think again. Bananas help beat depression because of high levels of tryptophan, which is then converted to serotonin. In case you don’t know it is the happy brain neurotransmitter.
- Eating two bananas before a laborious workout will pack you with an energy punch and also sustain your blood sugar.
- Bananas will protect against muscle cramps when you workout. Nightly leg cramps will also go away by eating a banana regularly.
- Bananas help to counteract calcium loss during urination, building stronger bones by supplementing them with a banana.
- One of the best health benefits of bananas, for women, is that they Improve mood and reduce PMS symptoms. They regulate blood sugar and produce stress-relieving relaxation hormones.
- Bananas also help decrease swelling, defend against type II diabetes, help with weight loss, help with the production of white blood cells and reinforce the nervous system, all of it because of high levels of vitamin B-6.
- Bananas help to strengthen blood concentration and lessen anemia with the extra iron.
- Bananas have high levels of potassium and low of salt. They are officially recognized as capable of lowering blood pressure and protecting against stroke and heart attack.
- One of the health benefits of banana is that it helps digestion. Bananas are rich in pectin, aiding digestion and gently clean up toxins and heavy metals from all over the body.
- Bananas work as a prebiotic, stimulating growth of useful bacteria inside the bowel. They produce some digestive enzymes to help in absorbing nutrients.
- If you are constipated, the high fiber amount in bananas will help control bowel mobility.
- Bananas are comforting to the digestive tract and assist in restoring lost electrolytes after diarrhea.
- Bananas are a naturally created antacid, providing respite from acid reflux, GERD and heartburn.
- Bananas will aid in preventing kidney cancer, protect the eyes against macular degeneration and also build strong bones by raising calcium absorption.
- Bananas make the brain smarter and help with reflexive learning by making the senses more alert. Eat one banana before your exam to profit from high levels of potassium.
- Bananas are really high in antioxidants, which provide protection from all the free radicals and chronic diseases of almost all kinds.
- Eating a banana in between your meals helps to stabilize blood sugar and decrease nausea and morning sickness.
- Rubbing a bug bite or hives with the inside portion of the banana peel will relieve itching of the patch and irritation too.
- You can control your blood sugar and avoid binge eating between the meals by having a banana or two.
- Having a banana will lower your body temperature and cool you down during a running fever or on a really warm day.
Remember, along with all these, bananas make delicious smoothies and great snacks.